[Insight-users] ITK failing to build with icc 8.0

Chris Farmer cfarmer at scitegic.com
Fri Nov 4 17:44:03 EST 2005

Hi.
This is a follow-up to my earlier message about ITK not building
properly with icc version 8.0.  The problem ended up being the "export"
keyword, which isn't supported in icc/icpc 8.0.  The CMake configuration
steps make an attempt to determine if the compiler of choice understands
the export keyword, but it seems to get it wrong in this particular
case.  I ended up building ITK with gcc, but to get my main app to
build.  The vcl_config_compiler.h file contains a #define for a macro
named VCL_HAS_EXPORT that I ended up setting to 0 before I built my main
app with icc.

Is there a way to force this setting in CMake?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Farmer, Ph.D.
cfarmer at scitegic.com