[Insight-users] Mesh curvature / Node neighbours

alexandre gouaillard - Sun Microsystems - Beijing China Alexandre.Gouaillard at Sun.COM
Fri Nov 11 00:58:11 EST 2005

Dear Tobias,

I would be interested in taking a look at your code and at any
documentation draft you may have.

I must say that we are on the verge of submitting a data structure too
based on a Quad edge data structure:
- itk native implementation, can replace itkMesh in all existing
applications (tested)
- Quad Edge data stucture ( C-GAL )
   * local accesses to neighboorhoods in the kernel (node, edges, facse)
   * local modification of the structure (no buildlinks - incredible
speed up)
   * Native support for Primal/Dual approches (triangular <-> simplex
for free)

that should be anytime soon.

We are planning to integrate all the basic processing from vtk to avoid
itk => vtk => itk pipelines,
we are also planning to had more advance features to enable better mesh
processing curently lacking (IMHO) in itk (subdivision framework,
progressive mesh, ...)

within this school year.

alex, for the QE team @ Creatis