[Insight-users] parameters for itkreaditkimagesegment3Dsegment

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Nov 14 06:58:47 EST 2005

Hi Ilker,

1) Yes, the code does perform segmentation.

    Please read the ITK Software Guide

      http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

    you will find a detailed explanation of the
    Region Growing algorithm that is used in the
    example that you are trying.

    The "ConfidenceConnectedImageFilter".

2) Once you read the ITK Software Guide, you
    will find, tha this Region Growing algorithm
    requires one or more seed points for initiating
    the region.  The index-coordinates of such seed
    point is what this program is expecting from you
    in the command line arguments.

3) The representation of the surface can be done
    in  WireFrame or Surface. This is selected with
    the last argument on the command line.

    A Surface representation renders the mesh using
    triangles.

    A Wireframe representation renders the Mesh using
    only the lines that connect the nodes of the mesh.

    If you are not familiar with this concepts you may
    want to take a look at any of the good introductory
    books in Computer Graphics that are available.
    You may also find useful to get familiar with VTK
    by reading the VTK User's Guide.