[Insight-users] Help with BSpline Registration

Popa Teo popateodoru at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 16 11:22:23 EST 2005

Hi,

  I compiled DeformableRegistration8.cxx and is working nice for your 2d examples.
  But when I tried with a 3D image I get the following error:
  Anyone knows how to set the parameters of the   itkLBFGSOptimizer especially gradient convergence tolerance?
  (GradientConvergenceTolerance( 0.05),LineSearchAccuracy( 0.9 ),DefaultStepLength( 1.5 ))

  I:\testDemons\Release>DeformableRegistration8.exe a0.mhd a1.mhd out.mhd dif.mhd
difbef.mhd def.mhd
Starting Registration with low resolution transform
 F = 0.078992, GNORM = 0.00257755
   I   NFN    FUNC        GNORM       STEPLENGTH
IFLAG= -1. LINE SEARCH FAILED. SEE DOCUMENTATION OF ROUTINE MCSRCH ERROR RETURN
 OF LINE SEARCH: INFO=4 POSSIBLE CAUSES: FUNCTION OR GRADIENT ARE  INCORRECT OR
INCORRECT TOLERANCESvnl_lbfgs: ** EEEK **
ExceptionObject caught !
  itk::ExceptionObject (0102FC74)
Location: "Unknown"
File: c:\Insight\Code\Numerics\itkLBFGSOptimizer.cxx
Line: 265