[Insight-users] Resampling images

Yan Yang y.yang at apu.ac.uk
Wed Nov 16 13:58:26 EST 2005

 Dear all,

I have got a problem with resampling images, I am using ITK2.2.0.

I have got a 3D data (slices based on coronal orientation) with space (1, 1, 5), I am trying to crop the 3D data in a series of 2D slices in other orientations, axial and sagittal, so I have to resample the image with a space (1,5) into (1,1) to display in png format. The extract filter from 3D to 2D works well, I can get correct images without resampling, but I can only get blank images when resampling the output images of the extract filter to the the physical space.

I would be very grateful if anyone can help me solve the problem.

Kind regards,

Yan

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 for(i=0; i<inputRegion.GetSize()[1]; i++)
 {
  inputStart[1] = i;
  desiredRegion.SetIndex( inputStart);
  extractFilter->SetExtractionRegion( desiredRegion );
  resampleSliceFilter->SetInput( extractFilter->GetOutput() );
  resampleSliceFilter->Update();
  extractFilter->Update();
  sprintf(axialFilename, "..\\Results\\checkerboard\\Axial\\Axial%03d.png", inputStart[1]+1);
  seriesWriter->SetInput( resampleSliceFilter->GetOutput() );   // if this line is subtituted by "seriesWriter->SetInput( extractFilter->GetOutput() );", it works.
  seriesWriter->SetFileName( axialFilename );

  try
  {
   seriesWriter->Update();
  }
  catch( itk::ExceptionObject & err )
  {
   std::cout << "ExceptionObject caught !" << std::endl;
   std::cout << err << std::endl;
  }
 }