[Insight-users] IRIX Compile Problem

Michael Hardisty m.hardisty at utoronto.ca
Wed Nov 16 16:29:41 EST 2005

Hello Insight Users,
    I wrote a program that uses ITK's deformable registration routines
to measure strain using CT.  I developed the code in VC++6 and now I am
trying to port the code to an SGI machine.  I have wrapped the code into
a visualization package, Amira and am using Amira's utility to manage
the build process as such I am not using cmake to manage my building.  I
have successfully built ITK on the SGI machine however I am having
trouble building my own program.  I am getting the following errors as
well as others like these though out my code:

cc-3193 CC: ERROR File =
/projects/abaqus/cwhyne/mike/AmiraDev/src/DeformableRegistration/./itkImageLoader.h,
Line = 26
  The nontype "itk::ImportImageFilter<TPixel, VImageDimension>::Pointer"
is not a type name.
        ImportImageFilterType::Pointer   importFilter;
        ^
cc-3193 CC: ERROR File =
/projects/abaqus/cwhyne/mike/AmiraDev/src/DeformableRegistration/./itkImageLoader.h,
Line = 37
  The nontype "itk::Image<TPixel, VImageDimension>::Pointer" is not a
type name.
        ImageType::Pointer GetOutput();
        ^
cc-3193 CC: ERROR File =
/projects/abaqus/cwhyne/mike/AmiraDev/src/DeformableRegistration/./itkImageLoader.cpp,
Line = 59
  The nontype "itk::Image<TPixel, VImageDimension>::Pointer" is not a
type name.
      itk::Image<TPixel,VImageDimension>::Pointer
itkImageLoader<TPixel,VImageDimension>::GetOutput()
      ^

cc-1168 CC: ERROR File =
/projects/abaqus/cwhyne/mike/AmiraDev/../Insight/Code/Common/itkSmartPointer.h,
Line = 86
  The indicated type conversion is invalid.
      { return (m_Pointer == static_cast<const ObjectType*>(r) ); }
                            ^
          detected during instantiation of "bool

itk::SmartPointer<itk::Image<DeformableRegistration::PixelT
                    ype, 3U>::Self>::operator==(int) const" at line 1405 of

"/projects/abaqus/cwhyne/mike/AmiraDev/src/DeformableRegist
                    ration/DeformableRegistration.cpp"

The part of my code that is causing the above error is the following:

template <class TPixel, unsigned int VImageDimension>
class itkImageLoader
{
    typedef itk::Image<TPixel,VImageDimension> ImageType;

    HxUniformScalarField3* amiraImage;
    typedef itk::ImportImageFilter<TPixel,VImageDimension>
ImportImageFilterType;
    ImportImageFilterType::Pointer   importFilter;

    public:

    itkImageLoader(){
        amiraImage=0;
    }
    itkImageLoader(HxUniformScalarField3* amImage);
    ~itkImageLoader(){
    }

    ImageType::Pointer GetOutput();

};

Any help would be appreciated.  I am wondering what compiler flags I may
need to add in this situation.  I am using the MIPSpro Compiler 7.4.2m

Michael Hardisty
M.A.Sc Student
University of Toronto
Orthopaedic Biomechanics Laboratory
Sunnybrook & Women's College Health Sciences Centre