[Insight-users] FFTW

Renaud Isabelle renauisa at yahoo.fr
Thu Nov 17 14:20:43 EST 2005

Thanks Jesse. I totally agree about the lack of documentation.

  I think I will give up using itk FFTW as well, for the second time!

  I would like only to use Vnl version, however, it seems this one produces the wrong result.

  Could you tell me on what you tried to make itk FFTW work: Windows with Microsoft Visual C++?

  Isabelle

Jesse C Cronce <croncejc at mrctr.upmc.edu> a écrit :
  I tried using the fft functionality provided by the different filters
and was never able to get it to work. What I eventually did was create
an array of the data I wanted to perform FFT on, call the library stuff
myself, and then import the results back into an image.

This isn't to say that the fft code in ITK doesn't work, but there's not
nearly enough documentation for me (a nube) to get it right, so I went
the long route. You can also download the octave tool and see how they
do fft.