[Insight-users] Can I use a segmentation filter on 3D images?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Nov 22 10:14:56 EST 2005

Hi Gonzalo,

             ITK is N-Dimensional

Yes,
you can use ITK Segmentation filters in 3D,

and you can also use them for 4D, 5D,...

Please read the ITK Software Guide

   http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

In particular the Chapter on Image Segmentation

You will find examples of ITK methods applied in 3D
in the CVS module:

              InsightApplications

----

Your report that:

   "I´ve made a simple program but it doesn´t work."

                  is a *useless* report.

Instead of that anecdotic report, you should post your
source code, the images that you are using, and the
parameters that you set up for your attempt.

In this list you will find many people willing to help you
with your image processing challenges, but unfortunately
they all have very limited divinatory powers.

Please provide a more explicit and detailed description of
your problem. We will be glad to help you find a solution
for it.