[Insight-users] FFT

Renaud Isabelle renauisa at yahoo.fr
Tue Nov 22 15:53:37 EST 2005

Hi,

  It's still concerning how to use FFTW witk ITK.

  Before, I was using Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 whose compilator was buggy to build fftw librairies. Since today, I have Microsoft Visual C++ 7.1. So I downloaded from the official website and build without problem the FFTW library (I got my fftwd.lib built with MSVC7.1).

  Then I have to rebuild ITK and VTK with CMake and MSVC7.1.

  As building ITK 2.2 witk CMake, I set USE_FFTWD to ON. I have no error when compiling. So now, I supposed that I could use itkFFTWRealToComplexImageFilter in my own project. However, introducing the instruction "typedef itk::FFTWRealToComplexConjugateImageFilter<double, 2> FFTFilter; " in my code still generates an error: "FFTWRealToComplexComplexConjugateImageFilter is not a member of ITK". What do I have to do to make it a member of ITK???? Am I missing a step?

  - BTW, I would like to say that I tried another ways to compute my FFT (with Numerical Recipes and Vnl) but it didn't work (zero padding caused wrap problems and Vnl ifft computed module ). That is why I have to insist. Actually, I make my boss buy Microsoft Visual C++ 7.1 software in order to use itkFFTW, and it is still not working. I really need help.

  Isabelle