[Insight-users] How to get intermediate steps of a Filter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Nov 28 09:35:53 EST 2005

Hi One Zero,

Yes, you can get access to the LevelSet image computed
at every iteration of the GeodesicActiveContourFilter.

In order to do this, you should connect a Command/Observer
to the filter, and set it upt to listen for the IterationEvents.

At every iteration you can take a look at the Output of the
filter.

Note that you should *not* attempt to change that output in
any way, nor to trigger an update on its values, since the
filter is in the middle of its execution.

For details on how to use Command/Observers, please read
the ITK Software Guide

     http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

For a source code example on how to look at the intermediate
values of a LevelSet, please look at the code in the
following applcations:

             InsightApplications/
                              SNAP

and