[Insight-users] register two volumes of different types

Grace Chen Grace.Chen at swri.ca
Wed Nov 30 16:57:46 EST 2005

Hi there,  Good day!

I have two 3D image data I want to register.  The movement in the data is 3D rigid.  So, I use VersorRigid3DTransform.  The two volumes are different types of image data (one is T1 image, and the other is diffusion weighted image), so I use MattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetric. I know ITK can register two volumes of different physical dimension.  But doesn't it also register two volumes that have different number of slices?  My program doesn't work for two volumes of different types, am I missing something?

Grace