[Insight-users] Jumps or spikes in metric values

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Tue Oct 4 10:30:41 EDT 2005

Try using the ExhastiveSearchOptimizer to plot the metric space.
You can define a region in which to plot the metric...
This optimizer (its really not an optimizer :) ), will also report the
min and max metric values in the space.
You can also set the grid spacing along each dimension. (this will
evaluate the metric at every nth point).

In the end, for a 3D image, you should be able to extract a 3D volume of
metric values, for all possible overlaps of the fixed and moving image.
Once you do that, you can throw contours or cut a plane etc, to see how
the metric values look like in the volume..

Most likely you need smoothing prior to registration.

-karthik