[Insight-users] statical analysis on an image

Amitesh Agarwal amiteshagarwal at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 14:18:06 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I have a small problem. I wanted to do a statical analysis on a 2D image for
a neighborhood size bigger than 3x3, say for a neighbourhood size 7x7 or
higher to find standard deviation at each pixel in the neighborhood. Is
there already a function or method to do that? If not, while using
neighborhooditerator I have noticed that i will have to define each of the
offset saperately and for a 7x7 naighborhood it would be 48 possible offsets
and will increase for bigger neighborhood sizes. I fell that may be quite
cumbersome. Is there anyway to circumvent that??

Thanks
Amitesh