[Insight-users] ITK with Eclipse?

Martin Urschler martin at urschler.info
Thu Oct 13 09:25:27 EDT 2005

aditya wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am completely new to ITK. I am running a Debian-based Linux system and
> would be interested in using the Eclipse(www.eclipse.org) IDE with
> ITK/cmake. I haven't been able to find any useful information on how to
> do this and whether it is possible. Would be very grateful if someone
> can fill me in on this.

hi,

i'm using cmake here in combination with eclipse on a windows system
i'm generating my makefiles with the cmakegui tool producing nmake
makefiles and afterwards i'm compiling under eclipse
the same thing will be possible under linux since eclipse is independent
of a compiler or a make tool, you just specify build targets in
directories which may be a simple make command or a cmake command that
updates your makefile

the only thing about eclipse that i didn't get to run yet is its code
completion especially in conjunction with itk which requires a huge
index of classes, methods and variables... wuold be interested in how to
set that up (without having to wait for a looong time)

Martin