[Insight-users] Which types of meshes can DeformableModelSimplexMesh load?

Marcus Wallin wallmarc at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 11:07:59 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to get the DeformableModelSimplexMesh (in ITKApplications) to
load a mesh. The mesh I have is exported from Amira and is in STL ascii
format (I have tried a few other formats as well with the same result).

However, regardless of what type I choose for my mesh, it seems it cannot be
imported in DeformableModelSimplexMesh. What happens is that the program
dies and says that no supported file type was selected. The reason for this
is that the program uses itkImageFileReader, and of course this reader
cannot read the mesh since it is not an image.

So, what format does DeformableModelSimplexMesh require of the mesh to load
properly?

I also wonder how the DeformableModelSimplexMesh is supposed to be able to
deform a mesh, assuming a mesh is loaded successfully, if only one image can
be loaded at a time? Is the image required to be a 3D-image or how can I go
about to load a set of CT-slices that I have at hand?

Thanks,

--
Marcus Wallin
Software Engineer