[Insight-users] Problem with resampling

Martin Urschler martin at urschler.info
Wed Oct 19 03:37:48 EDT 2005

> Am I missing the point of your post?  The content of the image2 object
> appears the same in both this case and in my previous code.

I think I learned something as well in this discussion, since I looked
up the DataObject documentation and found that it updates the last
filter pipeline stage it is coming from as well...
So, sorry, I made a mistake here, your code should have worked in the
original version, however, I think the proposed way of writing is a
little more intuitive to read (and is also used by the ITK developers in
the examples).

> On a side note, I think I understand the pipeline model here, and I'm
> not sure why it's incorrect to call GetOutput before the Update.  I
> thought the nature of the pipeline architecture enabled the stringing
> together of process objects and allowing the actual "work" to be done in
> one fell swoop with the Update call.  I thought as long as I didn't try
> to *do* anything with the image2 pointer in my previous code before
> updating the pipeline, I'd be okay.  My (admittedly sparse) knowledge of
> this is based on section 3.5 in the ITK software guide (version 2.2) and
> on some minor adventures with a debugger.  What sections of the guide do
> you recommend for me to read to learn more about these things?

i would recommend section 3, but obviously you already stumbled across
it... :-)
if there is not enough info inside this section, then I'd stick to the
source code of the base classes for the filter pipeline (e.g.
ProcessObject, DataObject)

regards,
Martin