[Insight-users] Re: Scan-line algorithms

Leila baghdadi baghdadi at sickkids.ca
Wed Oct 19 11:15:49 EDT 2005

Hello Joger,

1. Please send itk related questions to the list,
2. Thank you for point this out, I see that I have acknowledged
Herve Delingtte of INRIA France but did not provide a reference on this
class,
I will check that to the class documentation shortly,

meanwhile, all of the algorithms for simplex mesh and deformable models
are implemented from Herve and his students work, you can find his home
page and list of all his publications,

The scan line algorithm is trying to solve the following,
given a point and a direction, find all voxels that interest the line
segment,
the following reference explains the above for cylindrical voxels (i.,
Ultrasound images), I just did the Cartesian coordinate version of it
for MRI images which is what I am mostly working on
http://www-sop.inria.fr/epidaure/personnel/Maxime.Sermesant/prl/prl.php

chapter 5 ( scan line algorithm).

HTH

Leila