[Insight-users] Surface Registration & Evaluation of Registration

Marc Ruiz marcruiz82 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 08:23:32 EDT 2005

Hi!
 My purpose is to register two brain surfaces. Related with this I have some
questions:
 1) Is it possible to obtain the mesh of the surface of a brain with itk,
using for example a MRI as input image?
 2) Can I take a surface, or better, the mesh of a surface from VTK and
convert or use it to ITK?
 3) Has ITK a kind of atlas for my goal or do you know one that I could use?
 4) Which classes could be interesting to develope this application?
 Any other idea or problem to comment will be grateful.
 On the other hand, I do not know how to quantify the accuracy or the error
when I realize a registration with different steps, it is, first a rigid
registration to align the brains and later a deformable registration ( I use
ImageRegistration8 and DeformableRegistration7).
 Thanks for your help!