[Insight-users] Memory issue with GDCMImageIO versus DICOMImageIO2

Robert Maroon robertmaroon at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 24 10:31:11 EDT 2005

--- "Miller, James V (Research)" <millerjv at crd.ge.com>
wrote:

> GenerateOutputInformation() is probably going to be
> protected,
> and hence not accessible.
>
> UpdateOutputInformation() is a public method that
> should allow
> you to just get the information about an image.

Karthik and James--thanks for the info, I'll try it
out.

Any ideas on the second question--reading only a
single frame (or subset of frames) from the DICOM? The
problem remains that Update() must be avoided as it'll
crash if the sequence is too large to fit in memory
all at once. (Unless there is some way to set a frame
subset beforehand, but this capability doesn't seem to
be present in GDCMImageIO or ImageIOBase.)

Thanks,

Robert