[Insight-users] region extractin of a png image

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Oct 24 22:27:51 EDT 2005

Hi ilker,

This example writes out an image of 16 bits.

If you are using PNG as file format, and using
a naive viewer you will not see the range of
intensities from 0-255 since they appear too
dark in the range of 0-65535.

Your options are:

1) change the pixel type in the code from
    short to char

OR

2) Use a decent viewer, like

        InsightApplications/ImageViewer