[Insight-users] help: comparison FFTW/VNL

Renaud Isabelle renauisa at yahoo.fr
Wed Oct 26 15:23:24 EDT 2005

Hi,

I could not find any comment on differences between using itk::VnlFFTRealToComplexConjugateImageFilter and itk::FFTWRealToComplexConjugateImageFilter.

- What is(are) the big difference(s)? What is the fastest between both?

- BTW, what about having images of size of a power of 2? I tought that to compute fourier transform via FFT, it would be necessary to have a power of 2 of size. But I tried VnlFFTRealToComplexConjugateImageFilter without resampling before it and it works to.

I am sorry but I am a bit confused between all of these notions (FFT,FFTW,VXL). Indeed, I have to adapt an algorithm written in matlab and in order to check out my implementation, I am comparing my results from itk and those from matlab.

Isabelle