[Insight-users] please help with FFTW

Hans Johnson hans-johnson at uiowa.edu
Fri Oct 28 11:58:57 EDT 2005

Renaud,

The FFTWConfig.cmake has only been tested to work automatically on unix
based build systems.  This is not necessarily a problem, it just means that
you will have to use cmake to explicitly define where you versions of the
libraries and includes are.

I have no experience with how fftw works under windows, so you will have to
figure out those details on your own.

The first thing you should do is to Building/Install and test the windows
FFTW installation with respect to your environment.  This is outside of the
scope of ITK and you will need to consult the fftw documentation.   After
you can demonstrate that fftw installed and working correctly, you will be
able to provide information to this list that may help in resolving the
issue.

At the moment, we would need to know at least the following:
  What is the complete error message given?
  What do you mean by ³project failed to build because of FFTWConfig.cmake²?
(Is there a dependancy problem, is the compiler trying to compile this file,
is the file corrupt, does cmake fail, does visual studio fail)
  What have YOU done to try to resolve this problem?  What information have
YOU collected in attempting to resolve the problem?  What is YOUR hypothesis
about what is wrong?

Regards,
Hans