[Insight-users] Importing image data from a byte array

Chris Farmer cfarmer at scitegic.com
Tue Sep 6 19:21:04 EDT 2005

Hi.  I've just started working with the ITK library and have a simple
question.  In my current application, I have a byte array that contains
image data (usually in png format).  I'd like to use that data in the
ITK world, but I can't see a good way to use it without first writing
out a file and using the standard reader model that is shown in the
examples.  I poked through the ImageIOBase code to see how easy it would
be to use a byte array as a data source instead of a file, but it didn't
seem too obvious.

Can someone please give me a pointer to using a byte array as a source
of image data?

Thanks,
Chris