[Insight-users] Metric initialization for registration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Sep 8 20:47:59 EDT 2005

Hi Vincent,

The RegistrationMethod class should take care of initializing
your Metric.

This is done in line 207 of the file

       Insight/Code/Algorithms/
          itkImageRegistrationMethod.txx

This belongs to the Initialize() method of the registration
method itself, which in its turn is called from StartRegistration().

I would guess that you problem lies somewhere else...

Do you get an exception is you set your StartRegistration() method
inside a try/catch block ?

You will find many registraion examples in the ITK Software Guide

       http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

in the "Registration" chapter, and you will find all the source
code of those examples in the directory:

          Insight/Examples/Registration