[Insight-users] Morphogenesis

Einstein, Daniel R daniel.einstein at pnl.gov
Sun Sep 11 15:54:50 EDT 2005

Hello,

I am intrigued by the morphogenesis example and would like to modify it
to generate CFD compatible meshes. I noted that there have been some
email strings related to volume mesh generation and the application.
Anyone know what became of those attempts?

Plus, I have a couple of questions:

1) I am not sure that everything is installed properly. It builds and
executes but the gradient eating bacteria do not seem to replicate. I
have placed them in the  substrate and given them a threshold (by
modifying the .dat files), but they do not seem to grow. I want to
figure out if the build is correct. Can someone tell me what image was
used in the demo? I would like to try to replicate exactly with the same
settings so that I can figure out what is going on.

2) What is the relationship between the CellularSegmentation application
and the Morphogenesis application? Anything?

3) At no point do I get tetrahedra as are pictured in the demo movie.
Was this created somewhere else? The cell viewer in the Morphogenesis
application seems not to do anything. Might this be an indication that
something is amiss?

Dan

Daniel R Einstein, PhD
Biological Monitoring and Modeling