[Insight-users] Building Examples..

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Sep 13 09:35:08 EDT 2005

Hi Kalpathi,

Welcome to ITK !

Please follow the instructions in the welcoming package.

        http://www.itk.org/HTML/Welcome.htm

They will save you a lot of time.

In particular, you should start by reading the Tutorials
and the ITK Software Guide.

Using Makefiles directly is NOT recommended.

You should use CMake, as indicated in the tutorials.

If you follow the first tutorial you should we able to
write simple examples in about one hour.

http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStartedI-WebPage/index.htm

There are about 300 Examples in ITK, they are used for generating
the 900 pages of the ITK Software Guide. Please use the guide
and its associated code in order to get introduced to ITK.

All the source code for the Examples is available in the directory:

                Insight/Examples

Please let us know if you have further questions,