[Insight-users] BynaryMedianImageFilter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Sep 15 22:52:02 EDT 2005

Hi Diego,

Please read the ITK Software Guide

   http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

you will find an example on the use of the BynaryMedianImageFilter
in section 6.6.4 "Voting Filters", in pdf-page 205.

The corresponding source code example is available in

       Insight/Examples/Filtering/
                  BinaryMedianImageFilter.cxx

Note that the radius is actually passed as an array of values.

BTW, Are you sure that the raw image was read correctly ?
You may want to verify that first. It is quite likely that
the reading of the raw image has not been successful.
In general it is better to create a metaimage header for
your raw image, and then read it using the ImageFileReader.

You will find instructions on how to write a MetaImage header
inn the "Data" link of the top www.itk.org web page