[Insight-users] confusion with specifying origin for 3D affine transformations - itkAffineTransform

rama rama at robots.ox.ac.uk
Tue Sep 20 09:11:00 EDT 2005

Hi Marius,

you mean resampler->SetCenter(...) instead of resampler->SetOrigin(...)?
Then what about SetOrigin(...) in itk::ImportImageFilter class. What
does it do? Is it not necessary.

Also by world coordinates, you mean the same values that I used for
SetOrigin(...) before.
So, if I say resampler->SetOrigin((xNumPixels/2) * PixelXWidth,
(yNumPixels/2) * PixelYWidth, (zNumPixels/2) * PixelZWidth) will it work.

Still the doubt that I have is, which point to consider as the origin
while specifying the center point in world coordinates. If the center
point of image in world coordinates is (0,0,0) then what is the extra
need to specify a center point. This is bit confusing. Can you elucidate
it please?

So, in world coordinates what will the center point of the 3D cube
considered as by the AffineTransform class. With respect to which point
should I specify the world coordinates of the center point.

Can you please explain it a bit more.

thank you,
Rama Aravind.