[Insight-users] problem building ITK 2.2 on cygwin (ld segmentationfault)

Kris Thielemans kris.thielemans at csc.mrc.ac.uk
Tue Sep 20 21:08:47 EDT 2005

 Hi Karthik

> I remember having this problem once on my laptop and
> suspecting that the linker runs out of memory, I switched to
> shared libs and things were fine. Yes... probably
> itkCommonTests  and the one above need to be split into two.

That's probably it. I've checked ld in TaskManager and it goes towards 500MB
Virtual Memory size before the crash. Now I do have a 512MB RAM system, but
admittedly have lots of other programs running. Maybe I'll get through it
when I close those.

So, you seem to be implying that I can use shared libs with ITK on cygwin.
I'll give that a go.

Many thanks for the quick answer!

Kris