[Insight-users] Image Data

Gavin Baker gavinb+xtk at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Sep 28 05:22:57 EDT 2005

Hello,

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 09:50:57PM +0800, Xiahai Zhuang wrote:

> insight-users-request at itk.org£¬ÄúºÃ£¡
>
> I am going to experiment my registration program on real medical images,
> however it is difficult to get a set of images that are MRI, CT or PET
> images from the same person that the images could be test in
> multi-modality rigid registration.  Anyone could tell how to get those
> images, thanks a lot.

The ITK website has a whole page on obtaining data:

  http://www.itk.org/HTML/Data.htm

There are links to several places you can obtain multi-modal data.  Probably
the best resource for multi-modal data would the Visible Human Project:

  http://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/visible/visible_human.html

This project has produced detailed CT, MRI and cryosection scans of male and
female bodies.  (Incidentally the ITK project was originally conceived as a
toolkit to process this data.)

The MyPACS service may also have some studies in multiple modalities:

  http://www.mypacs.net/

Regards,

  :: Gavin

--
Gavin Baker                                      Complex Systems Group
http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~gavinb             The University of Melbourne