[Insight-users] discards qualifiers ...

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Sep 29 17:49:12 EDT 2005

Hi Lagaffe,

In general in ITK a GetOutput() method returns a "const" object.
The reason is that the results of a filter and of calculators
are allocated and, more importantly, *computed* by the filter
or calculator.

Since they are computed by the provider class, you should not
attempt to change those object on your own.

For example, in this particular case, you are taking the output
of a calculator and setting it to identity !!

This initialization is pointless because it will be lost
as soon as you run the calculator.

What was your intention with calling SetIdentity() here ?

   Please let us know,