[Insight-users] How to set my own cost function for optimizer?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Apr 3 12:25:45 EDT 2006

Hi Carl,

You will find examples on how to set your own cost functions
to ITK optimizers by looking at the tests in the directory:

       Insight/Testing/Code/Numerics/
           itkAmoebaOptimizerTest.cxx
           itkConjugateGradientOptimizerTest.cxx
           itkCumulativeGaussianOptimizerTest.cxx
           itkExhaustiveOptimizerTest.cxx
           itkFRPROptimizerTest.cxx*
           itkGradientDescentOptimizerTest.cxx
           itkLBFGSBOptimizerTest.cxx
           itkLBFGSOptimizerTest.cxx
           itkLevenbergMarquardtOptimizerTest.cxx
           itkOptimizersHierarchyTest.cxx
           itkPowellOptimizerTest.cxx*
           itkRegularStepGradientDescentOptimizerTest.cxx
           itkSPSAOptimizerTest.cxx
           itkVersorRigid3DTransformOptimizerTest.cxx
           itkVersorTransformOptimizerTest.cxx

All of them set customized cost functions that are different
from the ImageMetrics used in the registration framework.