[Insight-users] snakes

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Fri Apr 7 02:11:52 EDT 2006

Yes.

If you are talking about the traditional snakes (Kass' energy minimizing
contour), no.

ITK has Caselles evolving snakes driven by a PDE.
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1GeodesicActiveContourLevelSetImageFilter.html
written in a level set framework.

and a few variants.

SNAP is a segmentation application that uses Snakes in ITK that you
might find useful
http://www.itksnap.org/

-karthik