[Insight-users] Re: Drawing a circle into image

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Apr 14 13:13:42 EDT 2006

Hi Sami,

You can use the FastMarching filter for creating a circle.

You can also use the EllipsoidSpatialObject and the
itkSpatialObjectToImageFilter

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1SpatialObjectToImageFilter.html

You can also use the Danielsson distance map, already in ITK,
or the new Maurer distance map posted to the Insight Journal
in February 17th.
http://www.insightsoftwareconsortium.org/InsightJournal/view_reviews.php?back=publications.php%3Fjournalid%3D4%26order%3D%26revision_display%3D&pubid=77
By thresholding the output of the distance maps from one point,
you will get a circle of the desired radius.

BTW, note that there is already a couple of deformable model
implementations in ITK.

In particular you may want to look at the application in
InsightApplications:

      InsightApplications/
              DeformableModelSimplexMesh

which uses the