[Insight-users] RE: RE: 3D Image Volume Origin

Andrew Li andrew.li at synarc.com
Fri Apr 14 17:35:25 EDT 2006

Hi, Peter, Frank:

I added the section deleted from 2.4.0 version back into 2.6.0 and it
seems work for us. Or in another word, it seems that only fix made for
itkOrientedImage in 2.6.0 is the section deleted from
IO/itkGDCMImageIO.cxx

Could we do the following?

1) Have the member m_Origin specified as following:
for itkImage, m_Origin is the image data origin derived based on image
orientation m_Direction. And
for itkOrientedImage, m_Origin is the image data origin derived based on
patient orientation;

2) Leave itkGDCMImageIO.cxx as 2.4.0 for itkImage DICOM IO and create a
new class itkGDCMOrientedImageIO.cxx (same as itkGDCMImageIO.cxx 2.6.0
today) for itkOrientedImage DICOM IO?

It will give us sometime to migrate from itkImage to itkOrientedImage.
Thanks.

-Andrew