[Insight-users] Re: How to use itk::MIRegistrationFunction?

Mathieu De Craene decraene at tele.ucl.ac.be
Mon Apr 24 12:33:41 EDT 2006

Hi Siwei.

You might be interested to take a look a the work I submitted to the
Insight Journal :

https://caddlab.rad.unc.edu/MIDAS/handle/1926/183

It proposes an implementation based on Mattes Metric for bringing the
mutual information metric inside the finite difference registration
framework.

Tell me if you have any question and if you have time, do not hesitate
to post a review ;-)

See you,

	Math.

> Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 15:07:29 +0200
> From: Siwei Yang <s.yang at dkfz-heidelberg.de>
> Subject: Re: [Insight-users] How to use itk::MIRegistrationFunction?
> To: Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com>
> Cc: insight-users at itk.org
>
> Hi Luis,
> thank you!
> MutualInformationImageToImageMetric is only to calculate the MI value,
> what I need is more than the MI value.
> I need a function that can be used to finite difference registration
> method framework, just like itk::DemonsRegistrationFunction or
> itk::LevelSetMotionRegistrationFunction? At least they are interherited
> also from the class itk::FiniteDifferenceFunction . Using the
> corresponding RegitrationFilter: itkDemonsRegistrationFilter and
> itk::LevelSetMotionRegistrationFilter, they can be used to finite
> difference registration framework. So, Does it mean that we might need a
> class just like itk::MIRegistrationFilter if we want to use
> itk::MIRegistrationFunction?
>
> best wishes
> Siwei
>
> Luis Ibanez schrieb:
> >
> > Hi Siwei,
> >
> > This function is intended to be used from the Finite Elements Methods
> > Registration framework.
> >

> > You probably dont need to use this function directly. It is likely that
> > what you are looking for is the MutualInformationImageToImageMetric
> > class. that you can use from the standard Image Registration Framework
> > in ITK.
> >
> > You will find a detailed description of the registration framework in
> > the "Image Registration" chapter of the ITK Software Guide
> >

> >     http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf
> >

> >   Regards,
> >

> >      Luis
> >

> > ==================
> > Siwei Yang wrote:
> >> Dear all,
> >> does anybody used itk::MIRegistrationFunction?
> >> Please give me some tips, how to use it.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Siwei Yang

> End of Insight-users Digest, Vol 24, Issue 53

Mathieu De Craene <decraene at tele.ucl.ac.be>
010 47 93 53 (lab) - 0478 51 54 54 (cell) - 010 47 20 89 (fax)
http://www.tele.ucl.ac.be/~decraene