[Insight-users] Problem with ImportImage & TileImage filters: SOLVED

Alberto Bert bert at isi.it
Wed Apr 26 08:53:49 EDT 2006

Hi all,

We had a problem with ImportImageFilter used with TileImageFilter (see
With the help of Andinet, we've found a work-around:

before the loop over the images to be tiled:

 we made a std::vector of ImportImageFilter::Pointer
 we instantiated the TileImageFilter

into the loop over the images:

 we allocated a different ImportImageFilter for each image
 we fed the TileImageFilter with the output of each different
 ImportImageFilter

after the loop:

 TileImageFilter->Update();

This is the only way we found to make it working.

Anyway, I'd like to say that, according to me, the TileImageFilter is supposed
to be used mostly inside loops. So, it should work with the ImportImageFilter
in a more elegant way.
I mean, I should be possible to instantiate a new ImportImageFilter in
each iteration inside the loop and fed the TileImageFilter with its
output.
According to me, the TileImageFilter should be able to preserve by
deallocation the data given to it as input...
Note thati, it works the way I said with the ImageFileReader, why
shouldn't be working then with ImportImageFilter?

Cheers and thanks,
Alberto