[Insight-users] setting up a smaller region for registration

Rick Shilling rickshilling at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 28 16:37:48 EDT 2006

I want to only use only a few slices (around 1-5), starting near the middle of a 3-D fixed Image to do registration instead of the entire buffered region.  I want to verify that I using & setting up the region correctly.  (I didn't see an explicit example in the ITK guide for smaller regions.)  Is this the correct way to set up a subregion?

typedef itk::ImportImageFilter< float, 3> ImportFilterType;
ImportFilterType::Pointer importFixedFilter = ImportFilterType::New();
.
.
.
ImportFilterType::RegionType region;
ImportFilterType::SizeType size;
ImportFilterType::IndexType index;

size = importFixedFilter->GetOutput()->GetBufferedRegion().GetSize();
 index[0]  = 0;
 index[1]  = 0;
 index[2]  = (int)(0.5*size[2]);
size[2]    = 5;