[Insight-users] using filters on sample data

Aditya Chandramouli antariksh at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 21:16:28 EDT 2006

Hi Luis,

Basically, I'm trying to implement an Expectation-Maximization routine for an
image segmentation.

=> I start by iterating over my image and calculate a Gaussian mixture(with
the help of GaussianDensityFunction in the Statistics package).

=> I store the results in a ListSample with measurement vector type
itk::Vector<float, NumberOfChannels>

=> The next step of my implementation requires me to process these results and
apply a simple Low Pass filter. This is where the problem lies.

=> After this, the filtered data has to be further processed and stored back
to an image.

Hope this is clear.

Thanks a lot for your patience in looking into this.

-aditya

PS: To try to get around this problem, I've so far tried to create an empty
image and iterate over it, filling the pixels with the data that I would
filter subsequently. However this means I have to use the inefficient Set()
method to set the pixel values. Apart from that, I'm getting a segmentation
fault (presumably because the image is empty to begin with)...