Fwd: [Insight-users] Image or Mesh to Tubes

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Tue Aug 1 12:34:11 EDT 2006

Those were definitely interesting.

I think the segmentation parts are a bit of an overkill for our
application. Segmentation has not been a problem. vtkContourFilter seems
to do fine. These images have almost no noise at least none that
obscures the dendrites we're interested in. Basically the processes were
filled with die and fluoresced or they did not.

The branch detection was more along the lines of what I'm after.

I'm thinking all I need are center lines, radii, and branch connections.