[Insight-users] I have a problem in multiresolution mutual information registration

Mohammad Ya'qub mnma9 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 2 12:18:41 EDT 2006

Dear All,

  I have a problem in the system that I am working on. The system we are developing is for medical applications. We are using ITK 2.0, VTK 5, QT 3.3.3 and building the system using VC++ 6.0. The operating system we are using is Windows XP professional edition (32 bits). The system becomes larger and larger because we are adding different modules to it like segmentation, registration and many other modules. Now the system is taking around 1.6 GB RAM (from the task manager) when running some complicated operation. After having all modules together we got the following problem:
  In multiresolution mutual information registration: when we run it on large data sets it gives
  "itk::ExceptionObject (5B73FDD8)
Location: "ImportImageContainer::AllocateElements"
File: C:\Program Files\ITK\include\InsightToolkit\Common\itkImportImageContainer.txx
Line: 186

  My computer has 3GB RAM and I think it should not give this error. When we also run it on small data sets it does not crash and later "sometimes" when we run it again on large data set it gives output but it shows the previous results from the small data set but later if we restart the machine that error comes back while registering two large data sets.

  Thanks,

  Mohammad Yaqub
  PhD Student, Computer Science Dept.
  Wayne State University,