[Insight-users] Re: Image or Mesh to Tubes

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Wed Aug 2 15:14:10 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 11:13 -0400, Julien Jomier wrote:
> Aylward S, Jomier J, Weeks S, Bullitt E, "Registration of Vascular
> Images," International Journal of Computer Vision, March 2003, pages 15

It seems to me that before I can proceed with ANY registration I need to
have what you call Vessel Modeling working.

Most of the math is over my head, but I've already noticed that we don't
have such a well defined central ridge. The images are almost binary:

http://crab-lab.zool.ohiou.edu/kevin/dend.png This image is a slice of a
small piece of the whole cell.

http://crab-lab.zool.ohiou.edu/kevin/dend_cont_255.png This image is the
same but with the contour at the level 255 overlaid. It looks like the
sensor was almost completely saturated... It was bright die.

http://crab-lab.zool.ohiou.edu/kevin/dend_grad_mag_thresh_10.png Again
this is the same view but of the gradient magnitude thresholded to show
only values above 10.

I'm looking at the methods itk::ApproximateSignedDistanceMapImageFilter
and itk::SignedDanielssonDistanceMapImageFilter to add some fake info
into the dendrites.