[Insight-users] Image or Mesh to Tubes

Ghassan Hamarneh hamarneh at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 21:20:36 EDT 2006

This did not make it to the list:
=================
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 07:36:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ghassan Hamarneh <hamarneh---at---cs.sfu.ca>
To: Kevin H. Hobbs <hobbsk at ohiou.edu>
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Insight-users] Image or Mesh to Tubes

Hello Kevin,

You may be interested in these two publications by our group on segmenting
and analyzing tubular structures (and branchings/children in the first
paper).

C. McIntosh and G. Hamarneh, "Vessel Crawlers: 3D Physically-based
Deformable Organisms for Segmentation and Analysis of Tubular Structures
in Medical Images", IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern
Recognition, 2006, pp. 1084 - 1091.

http://www.cs.sfu.ca/~hamarneh/ecopy/cvpr2006.pdf

C. McIntosh, G. Hamarneh, "Spinal Crawlers": Deformable Organisms for
Spinal Cord Segmentation and Analysis", MICCAI, 2006.

http://www.cs.sfu.ca/~hamarneh/ecopy/miccai2006.pdf

We have also submitted the ITK-deformable organisms framework to insight
journal and MICCAI workshop on open science:

http://hdl.handle.net/1926/228