[Insight-users] Compile error in itkMacro.h in class OStringStream

Stefanie Nowak stefanie.nowak at igd.fraunhofer.de
Fri Aug 4 11:18:16 EDT 2006

Hallo Luis,

I think that was the problem. I wrote a CMakeLists.txt and now it starts
to compile and I can cope with the errors resulting from the porting.

Thank you,
Stefanie

Luis Ibanez wrote:

> Hi Stefanie,
>
> What you are confronting is a poor Makefile configuration.
>
> Please use CMake in order to configure your Makefiles.
>
> It will save you a lot of time and frustration.
>

> Creating a CMakeLists.txt file is quite straight forward,
> specially if you are already familiar with Makefiles.
> The great advantage is that the same exact CMakeLists.txt
> will be usable for any other platform.
>

> Please make sure that you use a CMake that is native in
> Cygwin.
>
> You will find instructions on how to write CMakeLists.txt
> file in the ITK Tutorials:
>
>    http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm
>
> an in the ITK Software Guide
>
>    http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf
>

> Please let us know if you encounter any problems while
> writing the CMakeLists.txt file for your project.
>

>    Thanks
>

>       Luis
>

> ----------------------
> Stefanie Nowak wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I try to port an application using ITK 2.8.1 and VTK 5.0 from the
>> Microsoft Visual Studio 6 Compiler to g++ 3.4.4 compiler using cygwin
>> under Windows XP.
>> The libraries compiled well, but by trying to compile the application
>> I get a compiler error in itkMacro.h line 453 "error: expected
>> class-name before '{' token".
>> It seems that I have a problem with the different stream libraries in
>> the STL and the C++ streams library. I found one hint in the ITK Wiki
>> FAQ under the topic "Compile/Link errors involving C++ streams
>> library, but that does not help.
>> Maybe I missed to set the right flags in my Makefile?
>>
>> Any help is appreciated!
>> Thanks, Stefanie

Dipl.-Inform. Stefanie Nowak

Fraunhofer Institute for Computer Graphics
Cognitive Computing and Medical Imaging (A7)
Fraunhoferstr. 5, 64283 Darmstadt, Germany
email:    stefanie.nowak at igd.fraunhofer.de
http://a7www.igd.fhg.de/persons/snowak/

phone:	+49 6151 - 155 520
fax:    +49 6151 - 155 480