[Insight-users] Re: SWIG 1.3.22 in CableSwig?

Gaetan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Thu Aug 10 04:36:47 EDT 2006

Hi,

The old version of SWIG included in cableswig becomes more and more a
problem.
Python 2.5 for example have changed the signature of some functions, so we
now have to use the -fpermissive option to be able to build WrapITK with
that python release.
Cableswig can't stay with an old release of SWIG too much time. It now
becomes a real problem.
I know that the long term way to go is to drop cableswig and to implement
an xml parser in swig to parse gccxml output, but nobody seems to be ready
to do that for now, so wouldn't it be a good idea to update the SWIG
version of cableswig untill someone found enough time to implement the
swig parser ?

Regards,

Gaetan

--