[Insight-users] Optimzers and metrics for point set to point set registration

Harry Hoellig h.hoellig at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Fri Aug 11 06:31:30 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

I've got two questions and it would be great if someone could help...

1.) I want to perform a point set to point set registration with the
VersorRigid3DTransform but the associated optimizer
VersorRigid3DTransformOptimizer uses a SingleValuedCostFunction as
metric while PointSetToPointSetMetric is a MultipleValuedCostFunction.
Among the SingleValuedCostFunctions there seems to be no metric which I
could use for a point set to point set registration. So, is there a way
to solve this problem in ITK or do I have to implement an own metric to
convert the PointSetToPointSetMetric into a SingleValuedCostFunction?

2.) I also want to perform the registration with a similarity and an
affine transformation but I can't find any optimizers to use with these
transformations. I tried the LevenbergMarquardtOptimizer but it seems to
destroy the transformation matrix. So, which optimizers can I use?

Thanks in advance
Harry