[Insight-users] Error reading images with negative values

Xin Guan xinvar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 12:00:39 EDT 2006

Hi Kajetan,

You were right. I did find that the range is not from - 16686 (MRIcro
histogram came up with this value, not sure why). Looking through the data I
see that its actually [-1000, 3000]. However, reading directly from DICOM
series, I still got [0, 4094], but reading Analyze file (converted by
MRIcro) gave the correct value.

What is HU scale? Maybe I should use this information to render the images.

Thanks a lot, that's very helpful.

- xin