[Insight-users] RE: XCode 2.4 and isnan

Remo Mueller remo.mueller at case.edu
Wed Aug 16 12:30:49 EDT 2006

I'm currently working on MacOSX 10.4.7 with Xcode 2.4 installed, and
I'm compiling the code using gcc version 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc.
build 5363), using CMake 2.4.3.

I ran into the same problem of isnan not being defined in
vnl_math.cxx, which is located under Utilities/vxl/core/vnl/

I finally got ITK to compile by changing line 66 in vnl_math.cxx from:

	#define isnan(x) __isnand((double)x)

	#define isnan(x) __inline_isnand((double)x)

This line is defined in the #if defined (__APPLE__) code block.

I'm not sure if this is correct, but it seems to fix the problem.
This problem exists in ITK 2.8.1 and the current version of CVS.  Can
someone who's more knowledgeable about the inner workings of ITK
verify if this fixes the original problem? Thanks

I hope this helps,
Remo Mueller

Case Western Reserve University
Computer Science BS/MS Program