[Insight-users] Failed to allocate memory for image

Ming Chao mingchao2005 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 18:51:43 EDT 2006

Hi,

I know this question has been asked many times, but it's still not clear to
me how to solve it. I try to register two images which are ~70mb each
(512X512X136). I got the the following error:

===================================
ExceptionObject caught !

itk::ExceptionObject (0129FB70)
Location: "unknown"
File: C: \ITK\InsightToolkit-2.8.1\Code\Common\itkImportImageContainer.txx
Line: 188

I am using ITK 2.8.1, VTK 5.01, VC++ 6.0. The operating system is Windows XP
professional edition (32 bits) with Xeon CPU 3.6GHz and 3.0 GB memory. I
monitored the memory usage and found that only 280 MB used for the
registration process which is nothing unreasonable. What is wrong here? How
to solve the problem. I know if I filtered the image by 2X2, then it would
be fine, but I would still like to keep the image as it is.

Thanks for any hints,
Ming