[Insight-users] about itkShapeDetectionLevelSet

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Aug 20 17:37:31 EDT 2006

Hi Yixun,

Yes, Most of the level sets filters do not take pixel spacing
into account.

You may be forced to supersample the image if you want to get
an isotropic propagation of the front.

You will find an example on how to resample and image into an
isotropic image in:

       Insight/Examples/Filtering
          ResampleVolumesToBeIsotropic.cxx

This is done for the typical case of CT and MR where a 3D image
has equal spacing in X and Y, and a much larger spacing in Z.